About Camp Cannabis
Camp Cannabis is the first ever cannabis-friendly event in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and will take place at Tourist Park Campground. The goal of Camp Cannabis is to lessen the stigma around cannabis consumption through the form of education and relaxation.
The event will include two stages for regional and national performers. Attendees will be able to camp at Tourist Park or purchase weekend passes and come and go as they please. Throughout the park, different areas will be set up for music, fun activities, and educational aspects. There will also be cannabis and local vendors selling food and artwork.
About CC Area Coordinator Roles
The Area Coordinators will be crucial to the success of the event. Each Coordinator will have the responsibility of being the leader of their specific area, reporting to the Festival Coordinator any updates as they occur. Area Coordinators will have to be individuals who are organized, independent and good communicators in order to be successful in the role.
Depending on the position, Coordinators must commit 10 to 20 hours a month, in advance of the event, attend a bi-weekly Area Coordinators meeting, and must commit to being on-site for the duration of the event, monitoring their area. Note that some roles will require more work in advance of the event while others will exhibit most of the work during the event.
- Area coordinators who are not current TFS employees will be awarded four weekend event passes to share with family and friends, in addition to a pass for themselves
- Area coordinators who are current TFS employees:
- Will be paid their hourly rate on all work they put into Camp Cannabis in the months leading up to the event, along with on the weekend of the festival. Staff will be permitted to work 10-20 hours a month leading up to the event.
- Staff will also receive a complementary GA weekend pass for themselves that is non-transferable so they may enjoy the event when they are not scheduled to work.
- TFS staff selected for an area coordinator role who do not live in the Marquette area will be provided with accomodation, mileage, and meal per diem for the weekend
- All staff will receive a Camp Cannabis Staff t-shirt to wear for the event.
Qualities that a successful Area Coordinator have:
- High level of professionalism
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to perform in a group setting and independently
- Strong time management skills
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 25 lbs