Cooking with Cannabis: Infused Pumpkin Bread with THC Milk Chocolate 🎃🍫
Servings: Makes 2 (8×4) loaves
Prep time: ~20 minutes
Cook time: 65 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Indulging in a slice of homemade pumpkin bread is one of the best (and most delicious) ways to embrace the flavors and spirits of the fall season. This recipe is perfect for when the weather starts to cool and you’re craving warm, comforting food. The rich and cozy flavors combined with the addition of cannabutter and THC chocolate are sure to wrap you up in a blanket of deliciousness.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, this easy-to-follow recipe will guide you step by step to create delicious loaves that are perfect for sharing.
Disclaimer: The Fire Station is not responsible for an individual’s misuse or misunderstanding of the instructions to cook with THC. This information is not proprietary to TFS, and results may vary depending on the individual’s cooking ingredients and equipment.
What you'll need
- Stand mixer or handheld mixer with whisk attachments
- 2 bowls
- 2 8×4-inch loaf pans
- Small Ziploc or reusable snack bag
- Rolling pin or meat tenderizer
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Oven mitts
- Kitchen timer
- Cooling rack or pad
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled off
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) of softened unsalted cannabutter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-oz can of 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 package Mojo THC Milk Chocolate Bites, chilled (100mg per package, 10mg per piece of chocolate)
Step 1: Preheat
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Set an oven rack in the middle position.
- Grease the two 8×4-inch loaf pans with butter or baking spray, and dust lightly with flour.
Step 2: Combine dry ingredients
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined and set aside.
Step 3: Mix butter, sugar, pumpkin, then flour mixture
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cannabutter (or butter/cannabutter mixture if you’d like a less potent bread) and sugar on medium speed until just blended.
- Beat in the can of pumpkin. The mixture may look grainy or curdled at this point, but that is okay!
- Add in the flour mixture about 1/4 cup at a time, and mix on low speed until fully combined.
Step 4: Prepare chocolate and add
- Place desired amount of the Mojo THC Milk Chocolate Bites into the ziploc and break to preferred size or chocolate-chip sized pieces using the rolling pin or meat tenderizer. Mojo chocolates have an exact THC concentration, so you are in control here as far as how much THC chocolate you’d like to use. Mojo Milk Chocolate Bites are 100mg per package, 10mg per piece of chocolate.
- Mix the chocolate into the pumpkin mixture. The better you mix all the ingredients together here, the more the THC will be evenly distributed throughout the loaf. This way you can expect a more even dose of THC with each bite. Lack of mixing could result in certain chunks of the loaf that might have higher THC concentration than others.
- While you can add less cannabutter for lower potency, the addition of the THC Mojo Milk Chocolate Bites will increase the potency. For example, if you use an entire 100mg package of Mojo THC Milk Chocolate Bites in your pumpkin bread, you would have at least 100mg THC in your bread. This, combined with the cannabutter, puts the potency much higher. Knowing this will help you map out how much pumpkin bread you should eat, based on personal tolerance and desired high.
Step 5: Add batter to pans
- Turn the batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly. Bake for 65-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If desired, sprinkle some extra chocolate bits on top of the loaves. Let the loaves cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
1. To make one loaf, cut the recipe in half.
2. For a less potent infused pumpkin bread, combine unsalted butter with infused butter. I.e. 1/4 cup cannabutter + 1/2 cup unsalted butter.
3. You can use less cannabutter for less potency, but if you are adding in the Mojo’s here you know for a fact that your loaf would have at least 100mg of THC, the cannabutter puts it much higher, knowing this will help you map out how much you should eat based on your personal tolerance and desired high!
4. Homemade edibles can be difficult to accurately dose. If you are a less experienced cannabis user, or would like milder effects, you can use less cannabutter. There is no exact science or formula to homemade recipes like these.
Take the High Road with The Fire Station's Fall 2023 Catalog
Fall into fall with The Fire Station’s 2023 catalog. Explore a guide to Michigan’s beautiful Upper Peninsula in the crisp fall season, meet our newest location in Menominee, check out new and noteworthy products, find a fall-inspired cannabis recipe, and much more.
- Take the High Road
- Meet Menominee
- Uplift’N Spotlight
- Meet the Fire Fam: Jacob Thompson
- New & Noteworthy Products
- T.H.C. Spotlight
- Cooking with Cannabis: Infused Pumpkin Bread
- Quiz: Which TFS Location to Try Next
Shop our nine U.P. locations
You might also be interested in...
Stay up-to-date with The Fire Station
Sign up for official communications from TFS and get updates on our promotions, events and other content tailored to you.