Giving back every day.
In the Upper Peninsula, community is everything. The Fire Station (TFS) understands this, which is why we have made it a priority to give back to all communities that we operate in – and even some which we don’t.
TFS prioritizes sponsorships, monetary donations, and volunteerism that align with our organizational values of adventure, community, de-stigmatization, diversity and equality.
Our Criteria for Community Giving
Our values guide us in our decision making process for what organizations we give back to. A sponsorship or donation has to fit at least one of our values. We also prioritize public events that take place within the communities we serve that have a high likelihood of reaching an audience who would benefit from cannabis education.
Due to restrictions set by the Cannabis Regulatory Association, TFS has to be careful about participating in events or causes that have a large focus on youth. We love supporting family events, but must first determine how much event participation comes from those who are under 21 years of age.
This year, we've supported more causes than ever before.
- Bridgefest Event Sponsorship
- Presenting Sponsor, NMU Great Lakes Cannabis Conference
- Iron Range Roll / Connect MQT Sponsorship
- Blues Fest Gold Level Sponsor
- Copper Harbor Trails Club – Harbor Level Sponsor
- MQT Pride Fest Sponsorship
- Kick it to Cancer Kickball Tournament
- Stick it to Cancer Hockey Tournament
- Munising Trout & Salmon Classic
- I-500 Sponsor and Race Banners
- U.P. Championship Rodeo
- Willie Nelson Tribute Concert Sponsorship
- Riverfest Sponsorships
- Copper Dog 150
- Houghton Volunteer Fire Department
- Parade of Nations
- Northwoods Animal Shelter
- U.P. 200
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Social Justice for Us
- Downtown Rail Jam / Heikki Lunta Festival
- Jim Ailing Memorial Golf Scramble
- Fresh Coast Plein Air Festival
- UP Children’s Fund Golf Scramble
- Neil Isaacson Memorial Golf Tournament
- Suicide Prevention Walk
- Noquemanon Trail Network
- Iron River Demolition Derby
- Project Jade
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (RE/MAX fundraiser)
- Bark River Off Road Races
- 7th Annual Women’s Advisory Committee Golf Fundraiser Tournament
- Houghton Demolition Derby
- Rekindle the Spirit Sponsorship 2022
- Celebrity Art Auction – Children’s Museum
- Marquette Michigan Curling Club
- Men’s 40+ Hockey League Sponsor
Giving Tuesday with TFS and how you can participate
Giving Tuesday is a global initiative that encourages people to do good. Noted as the biggest celebration of generosity, Giving Tuesday began in 2012 to counteract the massive spending that takes place on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Mark your calendars! Giving Tuesday 2022 is November 29th.
This Fire Station has partnered with the Last Prisoner Project for their letter writing campaign. Each store will have a letter writing station in the lobby area on Giving Tuesday where customers can write a letter to an individual who was incarcerated for cannabis. TFS will then take care of mailing these envelopes to the chosen individuals.
Not able to make it to one of our stores for Giving Tuesday? Use the LPP Digital Letter Writing Form to participate digitally!
Each TFS location will also have donation collection boxes from November 23, 2022 until December 31, 2022. All proceeds will be donated to the Last Prisoner Project.
You might also be interested in...
The Fire Station has partnered with the Last Prisoner Project for their holiday letter writing campaign. On Giving Tuesday, November 29, 2022, each store will
NEGAUNEE, MICH. | JUNE 7, 2022 – The Negaunee Township Hall will be getting a new ADA accessible playground next year, thanks in part to
Sponsorships and Donation Requests
The Fire Station is proud to support community initiatives that align with our values. If you have a sponsorship or donation request, click the link below to fill out our online form.